Monday, November 2, 2009

The only thing we got is STUCK!


We went Muzzleloader Elk Hunting last week and the only thing we got was stuck.... in the snow... twice... Here's a picture of the first time. Later we were stuck for 2 1/2 hours. Constantly digging with a foldable shovel, which we did eventually break, and ice scrapers, one of which ended up simply being a pole by the end. We got out by jacking up a rear tire, clearing snow from underneath the ENTIRE truck and lowering the rear tire onto sage brush. The brisket (which was our motivation for getting out of there) was burned and dry so I call a redo on the brisket. We had all 4 dogs so we certainly would have been warm but very embarrased when search and rescue or my brother in law (after a 4 hour drive to bring snowmobiles) would have showed up so I'm glad we stuck with the digging and got outta there. I still LOVE the SNOW! and so do the dogs!

No comments: